If you're a woman of childbearing age, almost any time you have sex without using contraception there is a chance you might get pregnant. Hormonal contraceptives like Eloira, provides effective protection from pregnancy as long as you use it.
There are several types of hormonal contraceptives available. It's important that you find the type that best fits your individual needs and do factor in the advantages before taking a decision.
The advantages of using Eloira as a hormonal contraceptive are outlined below:
1. Provides extremely effective protection from pregnancy (99.8%)
2. Is easily reversible. Your fertility returns to normal as soon as Eloira is taken out
3. Provides long term protection from pregnancy for 5 years (but can be taken out sooner)
4. It works as soon as it is placed
5. Is light, flexible and easy to use
6. Has minimal side effects that pass away quickly
7. Is private and not detectable by partner. It doesn't interrupt normal sexual activity
8. It can be used if you are breast feeding
9. Is suitable for any woman of child bearing age
10. Helpful for women with very heavy periods. Abnormal or irregular bleeding from the uterus is referred to as Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB). Levonorgestrel intrauterine systems like Eloira are known to help with heavy bleeding / DUB.
A systematic review of the literature on menstrual effects found that all included studies demonstrated a significant reduction of menstrual blood loss or "menstrual disturbance score" and most showed improved iron levels with the use of an Intrauterine System.
Effective medical therapies according to ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) include the levonorgestrel intrauterine system.
11. It is not affected by other medicines